Thursday, January 31, 2013

So sorry...

I am so sorry I have been away for so long.  I got sick right after Christmas and have spent weeks trying to recover my strength.  But never fear I will get back to my story--even though the holidays have passed.  And I have been reading a lot so will also restart my book reviews.  I do hope you enjoy them.  For now I will just catch you up on what I've been doing.

My step-daughter and her family came to visit the Sunday before Christmas and it was a lot of fun.  The grand kids are growing so rapidly.  Kaitlyn is truly a little lady and Jeb has really filled out and matured I can see the young man inside.  He was just getting over the flu, and I guess he was still contagious.  But it was worth it to get to spend time with my "babies."

Christmas Day was spent very quietly with only Jason and me. We had a nice dinner and watched "It's a Wonderful Life" which is Jason's favorite Christmas movie.  We just cannot have Christmas without watching it.  I got to do a little stitching and a little reading -- all in all a very satisfying day.

The following weekend was the Stitching Sisters Christmas Party and Kiki, Angel, Angela and I had a wonderful time visiting, stitching, eating, laughing, eating, stitching, eating talking and then sleeping very little.  It is so much fun when the girls come down and we can spend some quality time together.  I get really lonely here by myself all the time so it is truly a treat for me.  I was also gifted with stash, candy and a gift certificate to Amazon which I am using for my Kindle books.

After the weekend I came down with this nasty version of the flu and while it ran it's course fairly quickly it left me so lethargic and weak that I really didn't feel like doing anything  for much longer than I expected.  However, I am feeling better now so hopefully I can get caught up with everything quickly.  I have managed to finish one large design for the Nashville show and I am trying to get the model stitched for a second design.  If I don't get it finished for Nashville then it will be released in April.  For info about my new releases check out my designing blog Lady K Needlearts .  I try to keep updates there.

I am so blessed.  I often complain about so much but when I count my blessings they certainly outnumber the problems.  Thank you Lord.  Until next time...



.

No comments: