Monday, October 21, 2013

Duh!

I finished up the consignment and yes, you guessed it...I forgot to take a photo of it before I mailed it off to it's owner!  I cannot believe I did that.  My only excuse is that I was trying to get it into today's mail and rushed to get it in the mailbox.  Oh well..It was a still life by Norman Rockwell which had been turned into cross stitch.  I was solidly stitched with over 16,000 stitches!  But it turned out really well.

I am now working on my next model so it will be a while before I have any stitching to show unless I take a break to work on one of my WIP.  Which I may do since I may take one with me to the beach.   Is is November yet?  Almost!

My latest read is a series by Jenna Bennett.  I bought the complete collection of the Savannah Martin Mysteries and have gotten through the first two of them (there are seven).  So far it has been very enjoyable.  

#1  A Cutthroat Business
Description:

Everyone has warned new-minted realtor Savannah Martin that real estate is a cutthroat business. But Savannah doesn't think she's supposed to take the warning literally ... until an early morning phone call sends her to an empty house on the 'bad' side of town, where she finds herself standing over the butchered body of a competitor, face to face with the boy her mother always warned her about.

Rafe Collier is six feet three inches of testosterone and trouble; tall, dark, and dangerous, with a murky past and no future--not the kind of guy a perfect Southern Belle should want to tangle with. In any way. But wherever Savannah turns, there he is, and making no bones about what he wants from her.

Now Savannah must figure out who killed real estate queen Brenda Puckett, make a success of her new career, and avoid getting killed--or kissed--by Rafe, all before the money in her savings account runs out and she has to go back to selling make-up at the mall. 


# 2  Hot Property

Description:

When Savannah Martin's fellow Realtor and friend Lila Vaughn is robbed during an open house, Savannah rushes to the rescue with tea and sympathy, or at least a really good lunch and a shoulder to cry on. However, Lila seems more peeved than distraught, and her main gripe is that the sexy robber who tied her to a kitchen chair--for her own good--didn't follow her suggestion to tie her to the bed instead.

Lila's description of the man fits Savannah's old school-mate Rafael Collier to a T. Rafe has recently turned up in Savannah's life again, and he isn't above doing a little breaking and entering. Metro Nashville Homicide Detective Tamara Grimaldi is of the same opinion, and when Lila turns up dead, tied to her bed and strangled, Rafe becomes a suspect. Now Savannah must get busy finding the real murderer before Detective Grimaldi can arrest the wrong man.

 
My Thoughts:

So far this has not been disappointing.  I have enjoyed getting to know Savannah and her friends.  The first book is quite good but the second book is even better than the first and I think it will just keep getting better as the series progresses.  It is well written and the character development is well constructed.  The only problem I have is with Savannah's attitude towards Todd but I am not going to spoil it for you.  You'll know what I mean when you read it for yourself! :)~  (teasing!)  I am looking forward to continuing this series.  I am having trouble putting it down each night.

Until next time...

 

1 comment:

Shawkl said...

Well, heck! Now, I feel compelled to go out and get these too...and I already have so much on my plate to get done...that I'll need to read between 1-3 a.m! Hugs! Love the blog...
Kathy (aka Shawkl)