Friday, October 04, 2013

It is October!!!

I cannot believe it is October already!  Where has this year gone?  The days are getting shorter and cooler and I am catching my breath!  I am still working madly to finish my model.  I had hoped to have a release date of October 15th but that isn't going to happen so I will just keep plugging along as quickly as I can.  My son is working hard and has just seen his new schedule which includes the peak season hours--Christmas will be here before we know it and he is gearing up.

I have been trying to read a bit each day and am still keeping it a bit light as I want to relax and wind down at the end of the day.  I will get back to my thrillers once my deadlines have been met.  My most recent book is titled Front Page Fatality by LynDee Walker.

Description:

Crime reporter Nichelle Clarke’s days can flip from macabre to comical with a beep of her police scanner. Then an ordinary accident story turns extraordinary when evidence goes missing, a prosecutor vanishes, and a sexy Mafia boss shows up with the headline tip of a lifetime. As Nichelle gets closer to the truth, her story gets more dangerous. Armed with a notebook, a hunch, and her favorite stilettos, Nichelle races to splash these shady dealings across the front page before this deadline becomes her last.

My Thoughts:

This book is very enjoyable.  It is written by a former journalist who knows the ins and outs of the newspaper business so it is very informative and intelligently written.  There are some very humorous scenes so be prepared to laugh but it is also a well written murder mystery with lots of twists and turns.  I cannot wait to see what Nicey gets into next!

Until next time...

No comments: