Wednesday, October 09, 2013

What's Next?

I finished my model! Yeah! so now I have to get it to the framers so I can get the photograph done and the chart printed.  I am thinking maybe a November 15th release (fingers crossed) so keep checking out Lady K Needlearts  for all the latest updates on the design works.

I will be starting a consignment piece shortly then on to my next model.

As I stated in my last post, when I finished reading  Front Page Fatality I couldn't wait to read the next book in the series so I downloaded Buried Leads into my Kindle and began reading right away. The author is LynDee Walker and she is a very talented writer.

Description:

When an Armani-clad corpse turns up in the woods, crime reporter Nichelle Clarke smells a scoop. A little digging, and Nichelle uncovers a web of corruption that stretches all the way to Washington, D.C. Politics. Murder. And a dead lobbyist. It's everything Nichelle's ever dreamed of.
The cops are playing it close, the feds even closer, and Nichelle’s afraid her boss will assign the story to the political desk any day. Richmond’s new ATF SuperCop makes an arrest before she can say “Louboutin,” but Nichelle’s gut says he’s got the wrong guy.
Her sexy Mafia boss friend warns her off the case, her TV rival is hot on her designer heels, an ambitious copy editor wants her beat, and victims are piling up faster than she can track them down. As Nichelle zeroes in on the truth, it’ll take some fancy footwork to nab this headline before the killer nabs her.

My Thoughts:

Well, I certainly was not disappointed.  This book was very smartly written and had a clever plot with a surprise ending.  I love Nicey's character.  She is strong willed and stubborn but classy as she winds her way through clues in her fabulous stilettos.  The complexity of the her character and the interpersonal relationships with the other characters makes this series a joy to read.  I highly recommend it.

Until next time...


No comments: