Monday, July 13, 2015

WOW!!! It has been a while

It's hard to believe it has been so long since I posted, but it has been. I went on my annual stitching retreat in November and I got really sick and had to come home.  Went to doctor and was hospitalized for nine days ( including surgery). Then there were the holidays to get through. I did have a rush to finish up some new designs (see Lady K Needlearts). But mostly I have been reading and sleeping. My body seems to be taking much longer to recover than usual.

I will be adding reviews of some of the books I've been reading over the next few weeks. Today I thought I would share a bit about what I've been stitching. Many years ago I saw a chart for a Blackwork Greenman  (by Vickey Macky of FanXstitch) and fell in love with it.  I bought the chart and threads for it and then decided I wasn't up to the task of stitching it. A few weeks ago I thought of it and pulled it out. As I said, I haven't been doing a lot of stitching lately (haven't stitched in about four months or so) but this one started bugging me.  I finally said *what the heck* and gathered my things together. I began stitching on it a few days ago and haven't been able to put it down.  This is a scan of what I have accomplished so far. Not a great pic but maybe it will give you an idea of my progress.

Wip as of 7/10/2015

And this is what it will look like when finished:


Until next time.....



No comments: